I’ve been having a lot of issues with my old PC, so I decided to build a new one.
- CPU: i7-4770k
- RAM: 32 GB DDR3 @ 2133 Mhz (4x 8 GB)
- Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Formula
- GPU: GTX 780 (Asus)
- SSD #1: Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB (OS + apps)
- SSD# 2: Some old piece of crap adata 32 GB, used for caching
- Storage: Seagate 2TB Hybrid HDD
- Power Supply: Fractal 800w, platinum rating
- Chasis: Fractal Define R4
Using only air cooling and stock fans. I don’t want any weird light-up heatsinks/fans that make the inside of my computer look like Vegas.
Have not had the chance to do any real performance benchmark yet, though I did notice Photoshop CS5 boots up about as fast as microsoft paint, so I imagine things are going pretty well.