VMDK Minecraft Server
This is a permanent (Rarely upgrades or changes in any way) 1.11.2 server featuring survival gameplay with large pre-built environments where players can explore, build and hang out. The map has been being built and added to by myself and friends since 2013.
World Map [2016-12-31]: https://vmdk.ca/mcmap/
- Cities and villages pre-built around the world (or you can explore and build your own!)
- End-chest “banks” set up at convenient locations
- PVP areas /Spleef Arenas
- Survival Mode gameplay
- Teleport hubs
- Standardized server texture pack to give everyone the choice to see the world as intended
- special monsters/puzzles/dungeons/events hidden around the world
- Road system for easier player travel/orientation
- Runs on dedicated virtual machine on SSD storage, 8 GB RAM
- Backups every 4 hours with 30-day retention policy using Veeam technology
- World Map accessible to everyone: https://vmdk.ca/mcmap/
- Respect all other players
- Don’t vandalize or otherwise damage or modify other people’s builds. If it isn’t yours and you can’t get permission to build on it, don’t touch it. There’s plenty of room on the server for people to build things.
- There is an area called the “Nether Zone”, in this area there are no rules. PVP is enabled, and you can destroy builds. This area also contains the only portal to the Nether.
- If you find bugs such as being able to build things in areas you shouldn’t or anything odd, you should report it.
- You may invite friends, but they will need to be white listed.
- Server staff are myself (Osayidan) and Vetur. We’re usually just hanging out or adding new structures/dungeons/events to the world. If there’s any issues let us know.
Server Address: mc.vmdk.ca
Required Client Version: 1.11.2
White List Required: YES (that means you need a valid, paid minecraft account, no exceptions)
White-list is granted to friends and people I know. If you fall into that category then you already know how to contact me to request your name be on the white-list.
Server First-Use Guide
To play on the server you need to be using minecraft version 1.11.2. If you don’t already have the right version you will need to set up a new profile through the launcher. You do not need to uninstall, downgrade or otherwise mess with your Minecraft.
Just follow these steps when opening the minecraft launcher:
Create a new profile
- Give your profile a name.
- Select version 1.11.2.
- Save the profile.
Then just click play, and add the server address in multiplayer.
Whenever you want to play on this server, just load up that profile.
Be sure to accept the resource pack when you log in, to view the environment as it was intended: