The Parkdale Drive Speed Tester is my favorite drive speed tool to date. It’s very simple to use, requires no installation of any kind (it’s a single executable).
- Test local or mapped network drives
- select block size 1m or 64k
- block-level testing
- ability to select a real, existing file on a drive and test read speeds on it
- very clear, simple data you can easily use
- portable, carry it on a CD, USB or share it over the network. Does not need any installation or settings files. Just one executable.
It gives you very simple, easy to use data that can be screen-captured and shown as-is to customers, or to those who need to make the decisions when it comes to writing that check to upgrade storage devices.